Thank you to those who joined us for the 29th Annual Minnesota Book Awards, presented this year by sponsor Education Minnesota.
Congratulations to all the winners and finalists! Click here to see this year’s winners and stay tuned for details of our 30th anniversary season!
Each April, authors, publishers and book-lovers celebrate the best of local literature at the Minnesota Book Awards Ceremony. Big readers, bright writers, books, autographs, refreshments, live music, and the announcement of the award winners make for an unforgettable evening!
Seating is limited, please reserve early! Tickets include complimentary wine and refreshments during the Awards ceremony, with champagne and dessert to follow at the after-party.
Great River Court: $40
Great River Ballroom: $55 – BALLROOM IS SOLD OUT
Please note: Event stage is located within the Great River Ballroom; large event screens also broadcast the ceremony within the ballroom and Great River Court.
($5 discount for members of The Friends of the Saint Paul Public Library. Click here to become a member).
6:30 p.m. – Preface Reception
Meet the finalists, book sales and signing, and cash bar.
8:00 p.m. – Awards Ceremony
Wine and refreshments, celebrity presenters and live music.
9:30 p.m. – Epilogue After-Party
Complimentary champagne and desserts. Toast the winners and finalists, dance and listen to live music.
Awards will be presented to the winners in nine book categories, as well as the 2017 Kay Sexton Award honoree and the 2017 Book Artist Award winner.
We are thrilled to have MPR’s Tom Weber as our emcee for the evening. Tom joined MPR News in 2008 and served as a general assignment reporter, an award-winning education reporter, and co-host of weekday news talk show The Daily Circuit. He became host of MPR News with Tom Weber in 2014. Tom is the author of the travel book 100 Things to Do in the Twin Cities Before You Die.
- We offer closed captioning on our large event screens.
- Event stage is located within the Great River Ballroom; large event screens also broadcast the ceremony within the ballroom and Great River Court.
- Physical tickets are not issued for this event. Instead, confirmation of seat purchases will be provided by email or phone.
- Additional donations to The Friends in support of the Minnesota Book Awards are appreciated. Gifts will be dedicated to support future Book Awards and/or statewide Book Awards outreach activities. The Friends of the Saint Paul Public Library is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Your gift is tax-deductible as allowed by law.
- Parking instructions – We recommend you park in the Capital City Plaza Parking Ramp at 50 East Fourth Street. There will be $5 parking vouchers available at registration for this ramp only.
This is not a dinner event, please plan accordingly. Sponsored tables and complete tables purchased together (10 seats per table) will receive priority seating. Tickets are non-refundable. All attendees will receive their table assignment at the event. Individuals wishing to sit together should make their reservations together or email Chris Berry (email@example.com) no later than March 31 to make a seating request. We do our best to accommodate, but The Friends cannot guarantee fulfillment of these requests.
Make a night of it!
Looking for a place to dine before the Ceremony? The local restaurant boom has turned downtown St. Paul into one of the hottest dining areas in the city! Come early, get a good parking spot, walk up the street, and enjoy a special meal with your family and friends before the Awards Ceremony.
A Look Back at the First 25 Years of the Minnesota Book Awards:
2016 Minnesota Book Awards promotional video: