The annual Book Artist Award recognizes a Minnesota book artist or book artist collaborative group for outstanding new work in the book arts during the last year (since October 2015), a demonstrated proficiency in the book arts, and significant contributions to Minnesota’s book arts community.
Submissions are now CLOSED.
Presented with the Minnesota Center for Book Arts
Sponsored by Lerner Publishing Group
The 2017 Minnesota Book Artist Award includes:
- $500 award
- Minnesota Book Award and recognition at the Awards Ceremony
- Retrospective exhibit and reception at the Minnesota Center for Book Arts
- Opportunities for programs and exhibits at Minnesota libraries
- Statewide publicity surrounding announcement of the Minnesota Book Awards
The following are eligible:
- Individual artists and collaborative groups
- Current Minnesota resident or those who demonstrate a significant and long-standing contribution to the Minnesota book arts community
- Artists who are able to provide actual samples of work for a one week period in early December
- Artists able to participate in the February 10, 2017 exhibit and reception, and April Awards Ceremony
- Submit an online entry form.
- You will be asked to supply:
- Three (3) images of a new piece created since October 1, 2015
- Three (3) images of supporting pieces from any time in your career as a book artist
- Image list
- Artist’s statement
- Résumé or vita
- The Minnesota Book Awards will contact all applicants to confirm receipt of materials.
- Finalists selected: November
- Award winner selected: beginning of December
The Minnesota Book Artist Award winner is selected by five jurors based on written submission and work samples provided.
Jurors are knowledgeable about the book arts community and accomplished artists selected by the Minnesota Book Awards. Anyone submitting work for the Award may not serve as a juror for the year in which they are being considered.