The Kay Sexton Award is presented annually to an individual or organization in recognition of long-standing dedication and outstanding work in fostering books, reading, and literary activity in Minnesota.
Nominations for the 2017 Kay Sexton Award are now open. Deadline: January 20, 2017.
- Individual or organization
- Must demonstrate a significant and long-standing contribution to the Minnesota literary community.
- Demonstrate outstanding contributions to fostering books, reading, and literary activity in Minnesota
Note: Although this is not an award for writing, writers and authors are eligible for nomination.
- Please complete the online nomination form for each individual or organization being nominated.
- In addition to a brief nomination narrative, you will be asked to provide written narratives from 3 to 5 individuals who are familiar with the nominee’s work. The letters may be uploaded directly to your form or can be emailed to Bailey Veesenmeyer (email@example.com) upon submission.
- Deadline: December 16, 2016.
The award winner is determined by the Kay Sexton Award panel through careful review and consideration of all nominations. Kay Sexton, a book buyer for many years at Dayton’s and B. Dalton Bookstores in the Twin Cities, was the first recipient of the award in 1988.